It’s 110 degrees outside and its ROASTING hot, YIKES! What am I going to do with the kids to keep them cool? AC is turned on, we’ve eaten way too many popsicles, and being indoors is the pits. My teen daughter is on her cell phone again, and I can’t get her off. Grrr… My son yelled, “MOM, I’m hot and I’m bored!” I thought for a few seconds and had a solution, “Let’s go to Knott’s Soak City!” Our favorite Waterpark re-opened with a BIG splash this summer, and it’s the perfect splash-tacular place to cool off in this scorchio heat.
We then headed to the park to chill out and play! Andrew rides the water slides, even the big scary ones. He’s a daredevil and has no fear. I sit with my big floppy hat, drink a raspberry sweet tea, and float on the Lazy River. I look at my pale legs and think, gosh I need a tan. My daughter lays next to me, a slurpee in hand, “THUS IS GREAAAT MAMA!” she says with a mouthful of ice. I laugh. This is sooo nice… I ask myself, “Why didn’t we come sooner?”
Disclosure: Thank You Knott’s Soak City for Inviting my family to cool off at your waterpark. All Opinions are my own.
The waterpark is bigger and better than ever before, and we love it!
Knott’s Soak City has added a 2-acre expansion and thematic renovation, new shaded seating areas, spacious cabanas and a newly remodeled Longboard’s Grill have been added to the water park.
Knott’s Soak City Park Tips
- Arrive early to reserve a cabana or lounge chair
- Each cabana can accommodate up to 8 guests and includes extra amenities like a table with umbrella, free tube rental, and waiter service
- Inner tubes are available to rent for 10 dollars a day
- Purchase a Knott’s Berry Farm’s Souvenir reusable cup to refill throughout your visit (3 refill stations are available)
- Purchase your tickets to Knott’s Soak City online and save off the front gate price!
If you are looking for some summer fun, Knott’s Soak City Waterpark is the place to be!
Shore Break towers over seven stories high and offers six different thrilling water slide experiences. Four of the slides will have guests climbing into an exhilarating Aqua Launch chamber which will send riders on a vertical free fall through a series loops and curves.
The newest family raft ride, The Wedge, takes up to 6 riders on a thrilling and exhilarating trip navigating twists and turns and a few surprise drops down the slide tower.
Are you brave enough to try these slides?
What to bring to the Waterpark:
- Sunglasses, sun hats, or visors
- Sandals/Shoes to walk around the park
- Waterproof phone case (Knott’s Soak City now offers FREE wifi for guests)
- Water bottles
*Lockers are available to keep your valuables safe.
Our family had a blast at Knott’s Soak City! I’m glad there is something for little kids, as well as the big ones…
Address: 8039 Beach Blvd, Buena Park, CA 90620
Hours: 10 AM – 7 PM