8 Fun Things To Do At Knott’s Berry Farm Boysenberry Festival
My heart flutters every time I think about boysenberries!
Friends, that time of the year has FINALLY arrived. Knott’s Berry Farm’s Boysenberry Festival is back! This unique festival is taking place daily March 18 – April 24, 2022. This year is bigger and better than ever. If you are a foodie that enjoys savory food, good drinks and family entertainment, you don’t want to miss this incredible event.
I have compiled a list of the most popular and best things to do at the Knott’s Berry Farm Boysenberry Festival. Take notes and make sure to tackle it all!
1. Eat Everything Boysenberry!
Yes, it’s that time of the year where we can indulge in everything Boysenberry. Yippee! This year’s list of boysenberry food items is HUGE. Check out the official 2022 Tasting Card items below!
Knott’s has added over 2 dozen NEW food items. Here is a list of some of them:
· Crab Sushi Roll with a Boysenberry Aioli
· Chicken Dumplings with a Boysenberry Wonton and a Teriyaki Dipping Sauce
· Boysenberry Horchata
· Chicken Cordon Bleu with a Boysenberry Cheese Sauce
· Trio of Sausage with Peppers and Onions on Boysenberry Polenta
· Spring Fling Salad with Shrimp and a Boysenberry Vinaigrette
· Boysenberry Filled Donut Open Faced Chicken Sandwich with an Aioli Drizzle
· Deconstructed Lemonade with Blackberries, Loganberries, and Red Raspberries
· Boysenberry Rocky Road Brownie
· Boysenberry Pie Bars
· Boysenberry Slushy Mudslide (alcoholic)
· Boysenberry Seltzer
· Prosecco with Hibiscus and Boysenberry
· Boysenberry Sweet Tea with Vodka
About Knott’s Berry Farm Boysenberry Festival
The Knott’s Boysenberry Festival is our annual food-inspired event that celebrates the park’s historic roots by highlighting the little berry that started it all, the boysenberry. Guests will have the opportunity to indulge in a tantalizing lineup of dishes ranging from savory foods with a boysenberry twist to one-of-a-kind specialty desserts and drinks that you can only find at Knott’s Berry Farm during this time of the year. In addition to the numerous food and drink offerings, the Knott’s Boysenberry Festival offers a wide selection of local crafters, live music, musical stage shows and fun activities for guests of all ages to enjoy
2. Purchase A Tasting Card
Check out the 2022 tasting card. The cost is $50 dollars, but it is TOTALLY worth it because the options are endless!
3. Shop At the Craft Fair
Knott’s has the most adorable selection of unique gifts. Make sure to stroll and stop at the different booths and check out all the homemade crafts.
How cute is this homemade boysenberry hat? You will find this among other treasures at the craft fair.
4. Pick Up Your Favorite Boysenberry Seasonings and Food Items
Again, I LOVE me some boysenberry. You will find some INCREDIBLE boysenberry flavored foods so you can enjoy the goodness all year round!
5. Enter A Pie Eating Contest!
What is the craziest thing you have done? Try your berry best in a Boysenberry pie eating contest. Are you daring enough to do it? This is definitely on my bucket list!
6. Try The Boysenberry Beer!
Have you ever tried Boysenberry Beer? If, not you must try it. This yummy beer has a sweet kick to it. You can find it at the Wilderness Dance Hall Patio Booth. You will also find Boysenberry Wine, Prosecco, and Sangria!
*only available to adults 21 and over.
7. Enjoy The Sensational Shows
Knott’s pays tribute to its past at the legendary Bird Cage Theatre with a special presentation of the brand-new comedy melodrama, Riverboat Revenge. All aboard for this boysenberry bon voyage!
• Get in on the fun with some of the craziest and messiest games in Calico. Try your berry best in our Boysenberry Fun and Games, including the wildly entertaining Boysenberry Pie Eating Contest.
• Young ones and young at heart are invited to cozy up to the cutest critters on the farm, including horses, sheep, goats and other furry friends. Old MacDonald’s Barn pays tribute to one of the farm’s original attractions.
• A classic returns! Travel back to the ’80s as you dance the night away to the decade’s best songs at Knott’s Totally Tubular 80’s Dance Party.
• Pull up a chair as our blues trio, the Boysenberry Blues, conjures up some of the smoothest tunes performing at the Boardwalk BBQ patio.
• You can also grab a seat (and a plate!) at Fireman’s BBQ, where various musical duos take the stage with a selection of bluegrass and country tunes, they will have your toes a-tappin’ and your hands a clappin’!
• Enjoy the sounds from South of the Border in Fiesta Village as the Mariachi Angelitas present a lively show filled with rich history and tradition.
• Grab a slice of history in our museum History of the Boysenberry dedicated to the berry that started it all!
My personal favorite!
Do you like to dance? Join in on the fun and join Snoopy, Charlie Brown and the entire Peanuts Gang in the musical stage show Snoopy’s Boysenberry Jamboree!
Other shows to look to forward to:
8. Last But Not Least, Create Memories With Your Loved Ones!
Hope to see you there!