We just got word that children will not be returning to school this fall. I have to say, my son and I were a little disappointed about the situation, and are trying our best to keep busy. To bring a little cheer this morning, we decided to cook together. We made the delicious #SUNNYD Tropical Berry Grilled French Toast!
Thank you #SUNNYD for sponsoring the post.
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 diagonally cut French bread slices, 1-inch thick (8 oz. baguette)
- 1/4 cup SUNNYD Tangy Original
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- Whipped topping, toasted coconut flakes (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium-low (300°F)In a large glass baking dish whisk together coconut milk, eggs, vanilla and sugarDip bread in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides; let soak 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl whisk together SUNNYD and marmalade. Add strawberries; toss to coat
- Cut 1 large rectangle of heavy-duty foil. Place strawberries in center of foil. Bring edges of foil together; fold to seal
- Place foil packet on grill. Grill 10 minutes. Remove packet; set aside and keep closed
- Lightly oil grill rack; place soaked bread slices on grill. Grill 5 to 7 minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer registers 160°F.
- Place 1 grilled bread slice on each of 6 plates; top with half of the berries and another bread slice
- Top with remaining berries and (if desired) whipped topping and toasted coconut
Ta-da! This French Toast recipe was scrumptious! The marmalade and #SUNNYD syrup was our favorite part. We added edible flowers and topped it off with coconut flakes. Yum!
Visit sunnyd.com for more incredible recipes.