Our kitchen is the heart of our home, and this is where we share many precious memories. This year’s Thanksgiving will be a little different and quieter than others, but we will make it count! Drew and I made some #SUNNYD Whipped Sweet Potatoes and want to share this delicious recipe with you!
As a family, we love to cook together and try different recipes. Most people like to use red sweet potatoes, but we made this SUNNY Delight recipe with white ones. I have realized over the years that it’s ok to experiment and add my own spin on recipes.
Thank you Sunny Delight for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own,
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed ( I used white sweet potatoes)
- 2-2/3 cups SUNNYD Tangy Original, divided
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Place sweet potatoes and 2-1/3 cups SUNNYD in a large saucepan or Dutch oven.
Cover and bring to a boil.
Boil for 35-45 minutes or just until potatoes are tender.
Drain and place in a large mixing bowl.
Mash potatoes with the brown sugar, butter, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and remaining SUNNYD.
Garnish with walnuts (optional).