Disclosure: Thank you Disney Book Group for sponsoring this giveaway.
Last night we went to Andrew’s Back to School night, and his teacher reiterated the importance of reading at home. I am always looking for books that he will be interested in and enjoy. I want him to love reading as much as his older sisters do!
The Fire Keeper, is the exciting sequel to last year’s middle-grade bestseller, The Storm Runner, by J.C. Cervantes.
Here are some excellent reasons why it is so very important for your children to read:
- Children who read often and widely get better at it
- Reading exercises their brain
- Reading improves concentration
- Reading teaches children about the world around them
- Reading improves vocabulary and language skills
- Reading develops a child’s imagination
- Reading helps children to develop empathy
- Reading is a fun
GET FIRED UP!
Ease back into the school year with a good book! Enter the Rafflecopter below for your chance to win:
- a copy of The Fire Keeper
- branded baseball cap & bumper sticker
- plus a $50 Visa gift card to stock up on a fresh wardrobe
About The Series
A contemporary adventure based on Maya mythology from Rick Riordan Presents! In Book 1, The Storm Runner, a lonely boy in New Mexico has a physical disability that makes middle school feel even more like everyone is watching him. But as he soon learns, his physical differences are merely the first clue to a family history that connects him to the Maya gods—and puts him in mortal danger.
About The Fire Keeper
Zane Obispo’s new life on a beautiful secluded tropical island, complete with his family and closest friends, should be perfect. But he can’t control his newfound fire skills yet (inherited from his father, the Maya god Hurakan); there’s a painful rift between him and his dog ever since she became a hell hound; and he doesn’t know what to do with his feelings for Brooks.a Rafflecopter giveaway